Sometimes, there’s no substitute for watching your loved one’s face as they open a gift you’re sure they’ll love. You can’t go wrong with these ethical presents you can present with confidence.
- BillionVegans.com Think of this as the vegan-version of Amazon. Billion Vegans aims to make sure you don’t have to read any labels on their website to determine whether it’s vegan. Everything at BillionVegans.com—from clothes to chocolate—is 100% cruelty-free and vegan, so shop worry-free and gleefully.
- Know any moms, small-town living, or super-busy veg heads? Set them up with a ThriveMarket.com account ($59.95/yr) to make their life infinitely easier.
- Few things make vegans happier than an annual subscription to VegNews magazine, and for $20/yr, you get to be the cool person who gives the gift that keeps on giving.
- Subscription boxes are as hot as ever, and you can find one to fit anyone’s niche (Google ‘vegan subscription box’ with any additional filter if you don’t believe me). Here’s some starter ideas:
- For the chocoholic: Rose City’s vegan-chocolate-of-the-month club ($42.32/mo = $126.95/3mo supply)
- For the compassionate fashionista, Jonathan Katcher’s Brave Gentle Man is a must for the stylin’ guy/male-presenting person in your life, as is Mod Cloth for your female-feelin’ friends.
- Amazon.com Remember to switch your regular Amazon account to a Smile account (use your already-established account, but login to Smile.Amazon.com instead). You pay the same amount, but 0.5% of your purchases goes to the organization of choice.
- Vegan.com is the number-one website to use when you want to rest assured your purchase is completely ethical.
While you shop n' scroll, take a listen to one of these great podcasts:
- Vegan Princess Warrior Attack! to release your inner fearless feminist self
- The Bearded Vegans to explore the not-so-compassionate side of veganism (think body shaming) with other self-described beard-o’s
- The Main Street Vegan Academy to listen to a delightfully eclectic series of topics and guests; something’s bound to capture your interest at the MSVA podcast
Of course, the best gift you can give yourself and those you love is health. Show support for your vegan loved ones by taking the Veganuary challenge (veganuary.com)! They’ll be deeply touched by the gesture, and your pants will probably fit better by the 31st. Win-Win.